Welcome to the Carrboro Recreation, Parks, & Cultural Resources Virtual Programming page! The links below are being provided to offer programming and activities that allow participants to engage in recreation and leisure while practicing social distancing. Please continue to check this site for updates and new programming opportunities.
- Get Outside Series - Youth Baseball Instructional Videos - Join former Chapel Hill High School and UNCG standout, and former Minor League baseball player, Patrick Currin as he leads instructional videos for youth participants. Videos are presented via PC Baseball’s YouTube Channel.
Video #1 - Glove Work: A Player’s Best Friend!
- Start Smart Baseball at Home - A program of the National Alliance for Youth Sports designed for young children
- Ballparks of Baseball - Learn about past, present, and future fields of Major League Baseball
- Stadiums of Pro Football - Learn about past, present and future professional football stadiums
- The Florida Aquarium - Join aquarium staff for a Facebook Live! presentation every morning at 10:00am
- Georgia Aquarium - Follow the link for the aquarium’s webcams
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - Follow the link for the aquarium’s webcams
- National Aquarium - Take a virtual tour of the National Aquarium in Baltimore’s Inner Harbor
- New England Aquarium - Virtually tour and view activities of the New England Aquarium in Boston
Health and Wellness
- American Heart Association’s Beginner Walking Plan - This six-week program is for the beginner walker who wants to improve overall health and increase energy
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Managing Stress & Anxiety During COVID-19
- Vegetable Gardening for Beginners - Basic information to start growing your own vegetables
- American Museum of Natural History - Explore virtual exhibits and learning opportunities
- Boston Children’s Museum - Take a virtual tour of this museum for kids
- The British Museum - View museum exhibits and distance-learning opportunities
- Guggenheim - Visit the Guggenheim from home
- The London National Gallery - Virtually tour the gallery’s collections
- The Louvre - Experience the world’s largest art museum from right at home
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - MetKids site created by kids and for kids
- National Gallery of Art - Browse the collection and make connections among objects you know and newly discovered masterpieces.
- National Museum of African American History and Culture - Tour the exhibits and online resources of this Smithsonian Institute museum
- National Museum of Natural History - Take virtual tours of this Smithsonian Institute museum
- National Women’s History Museum - Virtual programming and distance-learning is being offered during the COVID-19 crisis
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum - Take virtual tours of this Smithsonian Institute museum
- The Van Gogh Museum - View the virtual collections of this Amsterdam institution
Parks & Beaches
- North Carolina State Parks - Learn about NC Parks and take a couple of virtual tours
- North Carolina Beach Webcams - Check in on your favorite NC beach webcam
- Grandfather Mountain State Park - Check out videos on the park’s YouTube channel
- Yellowstone National Park - Virtually explore different features of the first national park
- Yosemite National Park - Explore this California landmark via VirtualYosemite
- Carolina Tiger Rescue Kids - Check out fun activities for kids from this Pittsboro non-profit
- Carolina Tiger Rescue Kid-Friendly Videos - Check out recent videos and activities
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden - Check out their Facebook page for current events and activities
- Houston Zoo - Follow the link for the zoo’s animal webcams
- North Carolina Zoo - Virtual tours and distance-learning activities
- San Diego Zoo - Follow the link for the zoo’s animal webcams
- Zoo Atlanta - View their "World-Famous" Panda Cam!
This webpage may contain hypertext links to other sites on the Internet. The links are provided as a service to users and are not sponsored by or affiliated with this website or under the control of the Town of Carrboro. The links are to be accessed at the user’s own risk, and Town of Carrboro and the authors of this web site make no representation or warranties about the content of these links. The Town of Carrboro is not responsible for the content of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. The Town of Carrboro is providing these links to you only as a service, and the inclusion of any link does not necessarily imply endorsement by Town of Carrboro of the organization linked or other content on their website. These links are provided for informational and recreational purposes only. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content, quality, and accuracy of materials or information obtained from other sites.