Town of Carrboro Public Works crews will be busy around town early this week, working hard to remove storm debris left behind by Hurricane Ian.
Be alert when driving through town as the crews will be running the street sweeper to remove debris from the bike lanes along the roadway. They will also be out clearing bike paths and sidewalks of leaves and other yard waste.
Many residents are doing similar clean-up activity on their own properties. Please see these helpful tips on how to dispose of your storm debris.
Yard Waste Collection
While typically yard waste is collected on Mondays, residents can expect crews to be collecting debris throughout the week on their scheduled collection weeks until storm cleanup is completed. Residents from Hillsborough Road, Greensboro Street, Hanna Street, and points south have yard waste collection on 1st and 3rd Monday of each month. All points north of Hillsborough Road, Greensboro Street, and Hanna Street have yard waste collection on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month.
- Do not place yard waste/leaves in drainage ditch, bike lane, street, or on sidewalk.
- Piles should be long and narrow and placed as close to the curb as possible (within 10 feet).
- Limbs must not exceed 3 feet long and 4 inches in diameter.
- Yard waste or loose-leaf piles must be free of all other debris (no dirt, sod, rock, concrete, etc.)
- No paper or plastic bags are allowed.
For additional information about collection guidelines please use these links:
Yard Waste | Carrboro, NC - Official Website (townofcarrboro.org)
Loose Leaves | Carrboro, NC - Official Website (townofcarrboro.org)