Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning, Intersex, Asexual (LGBTQIA+) Pride Month is celebrated nationally and locally each year in June. Through our Pride month events, we affirm community values ensuring that all residents, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, are treated with respect and dignity.
Small Town Pride is a way of involving the entire community in promoting equality and celebrating diversity and acceptance. The towns of Carrboro and Chapel Hill involve local businesses, artists, volunteers and community partners. Everyone is welcome! Check out all the events coming up!
SMALL TOWN PRIDE 2023
- Proclamation for Pride Month
to be posted at:
- Chapel Hill Pride! Promenade | Saturday, June 3 from 2-4 p.m. (downtown Chapel Hill)
Wear your colors. Wave your flag. Walk with Pride. This celebratory march starts at Peace & Justice Plaza, 179 E. Franklin St., and ends at 140 West Street Plaza, 140 W. Franklin St.
- Poets Open Mic Night | Tuesday, June 6 from 7-9 p.m. (via Zoom)
Celebrate Pride through your poetry with other local poets. For information, call 919-918-7364. This event is to encourage the writing, reading, and listening of poetry. Hosted by Carrboro Recreation, Parks and Cultural Resources Department. Join the zoom event via zoom (link to be posted soon)!
- ORGULLO LATINX PRIDE | Saturday, June 10 from 5-9 p.m. (Carrboro Town Commons)
Celebrate Latinx Pride! Come out for local food trucks, drag shows, music, and crafts for the kids. This is a space to celebrate and share the diverse cultures, identities, and experiences of the local Latinx LGBTQ community. Organizers from El Centro Hispano aim to create an event that fosters unity, inclusivity, and empowerment by showcasing our community’s talents while providing social, healthcare, and advocacy resources, and family fun.
- Drag Story Times
Drag Story Times celebrate glamour, imagination, play, and gender fluidity while providing positive queer role models. Bring your kids to enjoy a fabulous hour of story time by some of the most prominent Drag royalty in the Triangle! Details coming soon!
- Pride Piper Walk | Friday, June 30 at 4:30 p.m. (Carrboro Century Center)
Join local officials and Batalá, to help roll “Rainbow Ram” down Weaver Street from the Century Center to Town Commons for the Pride Food Truck Rodeo & Dance Party.
- Pride Food Truck Rodeo & Dance Party | Friday, June 30 from 5-8 p.m. (Carrboro Town Commons)
Join for food, dance, and frolicking on the lawn. If you’re interested in participating as a vendor or by setting up a table, fill out the application form at https://www.carrboronc.gov/FormCenter/Communication-and-Engagement-Department-31/PRIDE-Events-at-Carrboro-Town-Commons-201
- #SmallTownPride #CarrboroPride #ChapelHillPride #PRIDE2023
- For more information, contact the Small Town Pride Event Team email@example.com @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>